There are two forms of thyroid disease, under-production, and over-production, named Hypothyroidism and Hyperthryriodism respectively. The thyroid plays an integral part in the production and regulation of hormones within the body and any dysfunction can significantly impact many of the internal systems within the body.
Graves’ disease -The production of too much thyroid hormone is one of the more common and general forms of Hyperthyroidism.
Hypothyroidism stems from an underproduction of thyroid hormones. When creating energy for the body, you need a certain level of thyroid hormones. If there is an abnormal drop in hormone production, this leads to lower overall energy levels.
Hashimoto’s thyroiditis – is an autoimmune disorder, in which the body’s immune system attacks thyroid tissue. The tissue eventually dies and stops producing hormones.
Symptoms of Thyroid Disease
Hypothyroidism signs and symptoms may include:
- Temperature sensitivity
- Dry skin
- Weight gain
- Muscle weakness
- Muscle aches, tenderness, and stiffness
- Pain, stiffness, or swelling in your joints
- Thinning hair
- Impaired memory
- Enlarged thyroid gland (goiter)
Causes of Thyroid Disease
Hypothyroidism results when the thyroid gland fails to produce enough hormones. Hypothyroidism may be due to several factors, including:
- Autoimmune disease – Autoimmune disorders occur when your immune system produces antibodies that attack your own tissues. Sometimes this process involves your thyroid gland.
- Thyroid surgery – Removing all or a large portion of your thyroid gland can diminish or halt hormone production.
- Radiation therapy – cancers treatment focused on the head and neck can affect your thyroid gland and may lead to hypothyroidism.
- Medications. Some heart and cancer-related medications can contribute to hypothyroidism.
Stem Cell IV Therapy for Thyroid Disease
Stem cell therapy contains two very useful properties for combatting thyroid disease, immunomodulatory effects to restore balance to an overactive immune system, as well as cellular proliferation to help repair and replace damaged tissues.
The unprogrammed cells that are introduced into the body during stem cell therapy contain properties that block and balance the immune system. Patients who have an autoimmune condition can see benefits from this therapy as it corrects and suppresses any dysfunctions.
Stem cell IV therapy introduces cells that can differentiate into one of the primary tissue types, making them incredibly useful for repairing and replacing damaged cells throughout the body.
Stem Cell IV Therapy Available in Mexicali, Mexico
If you have questions about stem cell IV therapy and how it can help manage the symptoms of your condition, reach out to the specialists at Cords of Revitalization for more information! Call our offices to speak with a representative or schedule and consultation online today!