If you have never experienced a migraine, consider yourself lucky. Migraines are more intense, sometimes disabling, headaches that elicit a physical response from the body. The pain experienced during a migraine is pulsating, throbbing waves that are often accompanied by visual disturbances, known as ‘auras’. Migraines can make you extremely sensitive to bright light and sounds, often making your symptoms worse or even making you nauseous. People who suffer from chronic migraines experienced a reduced quality of life as migraines cause them to cancel plans, fall behind on work or responsibilities, and cause undue stress.
Dr. Michael Carlos at Cords of Revitalization has helped diagnose and manage migraine symptoms in patients who suffer from acute and chronic migraines. What exactly causes chronic migraines is a complex question as it is a multifaceted condition that involves your genetics and current health profile. Dr. Carlos can help identify factors that may be contributing to the development or exacerbation of migraine symptoms. Below is a list of simple ways to help prevent migraines before they start
5 Ways To Manage Migraines
At the first sign of a migraine, take a break and step away from whatever you’re doing if possible.
- Turn off the lights – Migraines often increase sensitivity to light and sound. Relax in a dark, quiet room. Sleep if you can.
- Temperature therapy – Apply hot or cold compresses to your head or neck. Ice for pain relief and hot to relax muscles and release tension. Similarly, hot showers or baths have the same effect.
Healthy Sleep Schedule
Migraines are often triggered by poor or insufficient amounts of sleep. The following are tips to encourage sound sleep.
- Establish a sleep schedule – Wake up and go to bed at the same time every day
- Unwind at the end of the day – listen to soothing music, soak in a warm bath or read a favorite book.
- Avoid stimulants before bed – Intense exercise, heavy meals, caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol can interfere with sleep.
- Minimize distractions – avoid watching TV or using your cellphone before bed, they will only distract you and keep you awake. Studies show that light exposure significantly reduces the quality and duration of healthy sleep
Healthy Eating Habits
Your eating habits can influence your migraines. Consider the basics:
- Consistent Eating – Eat meals around the same time every day.
- Don’t skip meals – Fasting can trigger migraines.
- Identify trigger foods – Pay attention to migraines that always occur after eating certain meals and try eliminating them from your diet
Stress Management Tactics
Stress is known to act as a catalyst, kicking off the chain reaction that leads to migraines. The idea of a migraine coming on can be stressful, which only leads to a vicious cycle. If you are able to manage or mitigate your stress levels, you can prevent migraines from happening:
- Less is more – Don’t take on more than you can handle, learn to respect your personal limitations
- Meditation – This can take many forms, you can even meditate standing up. The idea is to control your breathing, relax any tense muscles, and allow your mind to organize your thoughts. 10 minutes is all you need to recenter yourself and greatly reduce stress.
Managing Headaches and Migraines With Stem Cell IV Therapy
Some patients with chronic, severe migraines have found relief through stem cell IV therapy. Stem cell IV therapy is useful when battling migraines because of the profound effect they have on inflammation, thus relieving tension and pressure on the brain as well as the muscles in the body.
Intravenous injections are an excellent way to ensure that IV therapy is administered throughout the body. Your circulatory system is very effective at delivering stem cells to every corner of the body, as well as areas where cells are in demand.
What to Expect From Migraine Therapy
- Relief of migraine headaches (cluster, tension, and migraine types),
- Migraine pain
- Not having to take migraine medications like sumatriptan or over-the-counter Motrin or Tylenol.
Sessions: 1 session, may be repeated every 6 months or every year as needed.
Migraine Management Stem Cell IV Therapy in Mexicali, Mexico
If you have questions or would like to book a consultation online, reach out to the specialists at Cords of Revitalization today! Ask us about our services that include accommodation and our collection service that brings you to and from our clinic!